By Wythe Walker
Management 101 Series
1. Learning, and understanding are infinite.
2. As an old man, the world-renowned Spanish cellist, Pablo Casals still practiced four hours a day. An interviewer asked, "Why?" After a moment’s pause, he responded, "Because I still see improvement."
3. No one knows what it feels like to be you.
4. Life is the great revealer. Your life’s journey, your successes and failures, will show you who you really are. Not who you think you are.
5. The ability to speak made us human. The ability to write allowed us to really learn. The ability to capture images instantly allowed us to record everything. The ability to wirelessly connect has made us all one.
6. We can see who others are better than we can see ourselves. This has always been true and will always be.
7. Denial is the best drug of all.
8. Death. Aloneness. Freedom. Meaning. The four great existential truths.
9. The continuum from psychotic to character disorder to neurotic to normal to self actualized to enlightened.
10. The repetition compulsion is one of the most interesting aspects of human behavior. Do you know what your compulsions are? Your blind spots that obscure them?
11. What we measure we focus on.
12. We always have unlimited wants, limited abilities, limited understandings.